If you’ve never visited Garden of the Gods before, stopping by the Visitor Center is a must. They have a wide array of interactive exhibits on topics including the geology of the park, wildlife and plants, and the history of the area. On top of that there is a gift shop, theater, and café, not to mention incredible views of Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak. With the extensive renovation completed in 2015, the Visitor & Nature Center has something to offer for everyone, even the most seasoned Garden of the Gods visitor.
Things You Need to Know
Admission Price: Free!
Summer Hours: 8am – 7pm
Winter Hours: 9am – 5pm
The Visitor Center is open every day of the year except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day
Address: 1805 N. 30th St., Colorado Springs, CO, 80904
Visitor Center Highlights
- The unobstructed view of Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak from the overlook! Be sure to get your picture taken with this amazing backdrop.
- Café at the Garden: Since you can’t bring your own food into the Visitor Center, enjoy lunch with a view in the Café! It’s open whenever the Visitor Center is, but the grill is only open from 8am – 6pm in the summer and 9am – 3pm in the winter.
- The gift shop, which offers unique gifts for all budgets and tastes.
- The Geo-Trekker Theater. Go back in time to see how the rock formations in Garden of the Gods were formed. The movie runs every 20 minutes and it’s even free for children under 5!
- Free nature talks are held daily. You can find the full schedule of events here.